Certificate in Teaching Phonetics, Phonics and Speech - 60 Hours
This course is fun and enjoyable and is specially designed to help individuals who not only want to master phonetics & phonics, but also want to be able to teach adults and children. By the end of course, trainees will have better grasp of the use of phonetics & phonics and will be able to speak better.
- An overview of vowels and consonants through pronunciation practice.
- Tongue twister practice
- Vowels, Consonants and Diphthongs PracticeTranscription
- Stress and Intonation practice minimal pairs and Linking sounds
- Differences between British & American English
- Introduction to Phonics (Short and long vowels)
- Blending sounds, Diagraphs and Composing rhymes
The Certificate in Teaching Phonetics, Phonics and Speech is assessed via a combination of teaching practice and written assignments.
In order for you to gain entry into the Certificate in Teaching Phonetics, Phonics and Speech, all applicants should meet the following entry requirement:
- High School Year 12 English or equivalent
- Be competent in Spoken and Written English
- Preferably, students should have a TESOL equivalent qualification.
- Relevant teaching experience would be considered.
- If you do not fall within any of the above categories and think you are qualified for the course, please submit all your qualifications and a letter explaining why you should be considered. Your application will then be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate in Teaching Phonetics, Phonics and Speech from The TESOL Training Centre.
This course allows student to transfer credits to MSC in Education (TEFL) offered by NSU, USA.
Online course fee - CAD300.00