Certificate in Teaching Phonetics, Phonics and Speech
This course is fun and enjoyable and is specially designed to help individuals who not only want to master phonetics & phonics, but also want to be able to teach adults and children. By the end of course, trainees will have better grasp of the use of phonetics & phonics and will be able to speak better.
- An overview of vowels and consonants through pronunciation practice.
- Tongue twister practice
- Vowels, Consonants and Diphthongs Practice
- Stress and Intonation practice minimal pairs and Linking sounds
- Differences between British & American English
- Introduction to Phonics (Short and long vowels)
- Blending sounds, Diagraphs and Composing rhymes
- Final assessment – Practice teaching of phonics Assignment written exam.
To apply for the course, all trainees should meet the following admission criteria:
- 5 GCE "O" Levels with a credit in English
- If you do not fall within any of the above categories and think you are qualified for the course, please submit all your qualifications and a letter explaining why you should be considered. Your application will then be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be awarded with a Certificate in Teaching Phonetics, Phonics and Speech. The Certificate will be awarded by The TESOL Training Centre.
This programme allows student to transfer credits to MSC in Education (TEFL) offered by NSU, USA.