Certificate in Teaching Phonetics, Phonics and Speech
This course is fun and enjoyable and is specially designed to help individuals who not only want to master phonetics & phonics, but also want to be able to teach adults and children. By the end of course, trainees will have better grasp of the use of phonetics & phonics and will be able to speak better.
- An overview of vowels and consonants through pronunciation practice.
- Tongue twister practice
- Vowels, Consonants and Diphthongs Practice
- Stress and Intonation practice minimal pairs and Linking sounds
- Differences between British & American English
- Introduction to Phonics (Short and long vowels)
- Blending sounds, Diagraphs and Composing rhymes
- Final assessment – Practice teaching of phonics Assignment written exam.
The Certificate in Teaching Grammar is assessed via a combination of teaching practice and written assignments.
In order for you to gain entry into the Certificate in Teaching Grammar, all applicants should meet the following entry requirement:
- Age 20 & above
- High School Year 11 English / GCSE or equivalent Be competent in Spoken and Written English (with an IELTS score of 5.5).
- Relevant qualifications and teaching experience would be considered.
- If you do not fall within any of the above categories and think you are qualified for the course, please submit all your qualifications and a letter explaining why you should be considered. Your application will then be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Upon successful completion of the course, you will receive a Certificate in Teaching Grammar.
This course allows student to transfer credits to MSC in Education (TEFL) offered by NSU, USA.