Cambridge International Diploma for Teachers and Trainers
The Cambridge International Diploma for Teachers and Trainers is a practice-based qualification for continuing professional development, relevant to all teaching and learning contexts. The Diploma will help teachers / trainers to improve the quality and outcome of teaching and learning and will enhance and update professional skills.
It enables successful introduction of curriculum development and results in an international benchmark of excellence.
DESIGN (Planning and preparation)
- Analyse training requirements
- Design and plan training programmes and learning activities, this includes preparing lesson / session plans
- Prepare training resources making decisions about the content and modes of teaching and learning
PRACTICE (Teaching & learning in action)
- Conduct training or deliver planned activities effectively in accordance with realistic and achievable session plans
- Facilitate active learning and learner involvement
ASSESSMENT (Assessing Progress and Achievement)
- Assess the effectives of learning programmes and report the results to management
- Assess learners' progress and achievement
EVALUATION (Improving Teaching and Learning)
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning programmes and develop goals and plans implementing future
- learning programmes
- Evaluate and improve learning programmes and own professional practice
To apply for the course, all trainees should meet the following admission criteria:
- 5 GCE "O" Levels with a credit in English
- If you do not fall within any of the above categories and think you are qualified for the course, please submit all your qualifications and a letter explaining why you should be considered. Your application will then be assessed on a case-by-case basis.
Upon successful completion, participants will be awarded with the Cambridge International Diploma for Teachers and Trainers The Diploma will be awarded by CIE, UK.
This programme allows student to transfer credits to MSC in Education (TEFL) offered by NSU, USA.